Efficient Initiatives has considerable experience in home energy efficiency and generation projects and from time to time we give public talks about how to reduce your home energy use and improve thermal comfort.
A recent presentation, at Sophia Mundi Steiner School at the Abbotsford Convent in Melbourne, was subtitled “What can your family do to reduce impacts on the planet, reduce your costs and improve your quality of life”.
This talk included:
- Why reduce energy consumption at home
- Process that we follow and recommend
- Specifics around things like:
- Insulation and glazing
- Heat pumps
- Electricity vs gas
- Solar generation and storage
- How to time consumption to match your solar PV (photo voltaic) production – to minimise your need for grid power or battery storage
We were delighted at the recent presentation to speak alongside representatives of Ceres – about electronic waste management, and BZE – about the urgent need for climate action.
See Energy Efficiency at Home for two helpful sheets on the process for home energy efficiency (questions to ask) and detail about some of the products and actions we recommend.